We’ve got a couple of vacancies for excellent radio heads, one in Sydney and one in Melbourne. Any questions, do get in touch.
Community Coordinator: Sydney
All the Best is recruiting a volunteer Community Coordinator, based at FBi in Sydney. Pip Rasmussen has been doing fantastic job the past two years, but she’s focusing on co-hosting the show and her new full time job, so we need a new gif-obsessed legend to take the reigns.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Run our social media communities, on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr.
- Prepare weekly contributor newsletters.
- Recruit and retain contributors, managing relationships with writers, producers and sound designers.
- Take minutes and follow up stories at Sydney ATB pitch parties.
- Take minutes and attend bi-monthly editorial meetings.
- Drive ATB live and public events.
- Build and maintain relationships with community/media/arts organisations.
- Listening to the show weekly and making notes regarding content (mainly picking up swears!)
This would be perfect for anyone interested in radio production, production management or digital strategy, and while it is not a content production role, it involves working closely with the editorial team on the program’s direction, content, and strategies.
It would suit a communications student, someone working part time, and anyone looking to learn more about radio and further their involvement in the community sector.
To apply or for more information email Jess and Heidi at ep (at) all the best radio dot com. Just send us an email about why you’d be great for the role, and what you’re up to at the moment, by July 29.
SYN Production Manager: Melbourne
Working alongside the national All The Best team, this role sits within SYN’s Leadership Team. Your role will be to maintain, coordinate and inspire our contributors within SYN’s community and help develop ideas for broadcast. You’ll be responsible for selecting and packaging appropriate stories for broadcast on SYN, as well as being a contact point and friendly face for our SYN based contributors, organising pitch parties and scouting for new radiomakers.
There’s more information about how to apply on the SYN website, and a full position description here. You’ll need to be under 26, and applications close on July 29.